This congregation was originally part of a union with a Randalstown Burgher congregation (now 2nd Randalstown). It first met in Ahoghill around 1770 but was only erected on 16 May 1774.
The first minister Rev William Holmes was installed on 11 January 1775.
His successor Rev Thomas Smith was ordained on 12 October 1780 but became involved in the Rebellion of 1798 and emigrated to America in 1799.
The union with Randalstown was dissolved and Brookside became a single congregation in 1800. At this time also some people left the congregation to form Trinity Presbyterian Church in the village.
Rev John Marr was ordained on 6 December 1800 to what was then known as 3rd Ahoghill and after a long ministry died there on 3 February 1844.
Rev Stewart Fullerton was ordained on 7 May 1845 but was removed by Synod in August 1857.
Brookside Presbyterian Church approx 1880
He was succeeded by Rev James Abernethy on 25 March 1858 who left for service with the Colonial Mission in Australia on 26 April 1859.
Rev Robert Mitchell was ordained on 14 December 1859 and remained until 28 May 1900.
Rev Robert Wilson followed on 8 November 1900 and ministered here until 28 May 1912. It was in 1907, during his ministry that the name of the congregation was changed to Brookside.
Rev Thomas Moore followed on 1 October 1912 and remained until 1 December 1916 when he received a call to a Liverpool church.
He was followed by Rev W.J. McGeagh was ordained on 31 May 1917 and resigned on 3 February 1920 to go to Moneymore.
Rev David McConnell was installed on 29 June 1920 but was tragically killed as the result of a road accident on 15 December 1931.
The Rev Alexander Kirkpatrick who followed Rev McConnell was installed in Brookside on 27 July 1932 and although crippled with arthritis for many years, he was a faithful pastor until his retirement on 31 March 1954.
Rev James McAuley was ordained in Brookside on 7 October 1954 and resigned to go to Nelson Memorial congregation, Belfast on 20 March 1960.
His successor Rev James Matthews was ordained on 5 October 1960 and remained in Brookside until 27 April 1971 when he resigned to become minister of First Lurgan.
A new church hall was built and completed in 1968.
Rev Matthews was succeeded by Rev Ivan McKay who was installed in Brookside on 23 March 1972. He had a long and fruitful ministry and saw considerable growth in the size of the congregation before resigning on 26 May 1996 to go to Dundonald congregation in Belfast.
The fourteenth minister Rev David McGaughey commenced his ministry in Brookside on Sunday 18 May 1997 and exercised a faithful preaching and teaching ministry until 26 October 2007 when he resigned.
An extension to the halls complex was completed in 2005, and opened by the then Moderator, and minister of neighbouring congregation Trinity Ahoghill, The Very Rev Harry Uprichard.
Our current minister, Rev William Moody, was installed on 19th September 2008 and, like our previous ministers, is very faithful in his preaching and teaching ministry. A new Manse was built for the arrival of Rev Moody and was completed in the summer of 2009.