The Kirk Session of Brookside Presbyterian Church have agreed on the following funeral policy until further notice:
- All funerals conducted in our Church building will normally be limited to 50 people
and families must provide a list of names and contact numbers of those who attend
- Attendance to the funeral will be by invitation only and no announcement of the
funeral arrangements should be made online, on social media or in the newspaper.
- The family must appoint two stewards for the funeral and they will be responsible
for ensuring no more than 25 enter the Church building and that the contact details
- No order of service to be handed out (but may be left in pew).
- On entering everyone must sanitise their hands.
- Stewards will direct people to a pew and once seated they must remain in that pew
until the close of the service. At all times a 2 metre social distance must be
maintained from those outside your family.
- Face coverings must be worn by all who are attending the service unless they have a
medical reason for not doing so. The Minister will not be wearing a face covering but
will maintain a 4 metre social distance from the congregation.
- No funeral teas can be facilitated on our premises after the service.
Policy agreed on 8th September 2020
Updated (14/10/20): According to NI Executive restrictions, funeral services are now limited to 25 people with no pre- or post-funeral gatherings. These measures come into regulatory effect on Friday 16th October and will be in place for a period of four weeks.