The Kirk Session of Brookside Presbyterian Church have agreed on the following funeral policy until further notice:
- All funerals conducted in our Church building will normally be limited to 70 people and families must provide a list of names and contact numbers of those who attend the service.
- Attendance to the funeral will be by invitation only and no announcement of the funeral arrangements should be made online, on social media or in the newspaper.
- The family must appoint two stewards for the funeral and they will be responsible for ensuring no more than 25 enter the Church building and that the contact details are correct.
- No order of service to be handed out (but may be left in pew).
- On entering everyone must sanitise their hands.
- Stewards will direct people to a pew and once seated they must remain in that pew until the close of the service. At all times a 2 metre social distance must be maintained from those outside your family.
- Face coverings must be worn by all who are attending the service unless they have a medical reason for not doing so. The Minister will not be wearing a face covering but will maintain a 4 metre social distance from the congregation.
- No funeral teas can be facilitated on our premises after the service.
Policy agreed on 8th September 2020
Updated (21/11/2021): Kirk Session have agreed to a capacity limit of 70 people.