You can become a member of Brookside Presbyterian Church either by profession of faith or by transferring from another congregation where you have been a full member.
Those coming to membership in Brookside are required to attend membership classes. Those transferring from a previous church can chat with the minister to see which classes they are expected to attend.
There are seven classes which cover the following subjects:
- Who God Is
- God’s Plan
- New Life in Christ
- The Church
- The Sacraments
- Living the Christian Life
- Serving in the Body of Christ
Once classes are complete each candidate should carefully consider if they wish to continue the process of becoming a member.
Sharing Your Testimony
Each candidate must then share how they came to faith with our Kirk Session. This may seem daunting but we’ll help you prepare, and if needed you can write out your testimony and simply read it aloud.
Committing to Membership
At the next available pre-communion service, each candidate will be asked five questions about their faith and future commitment to the Lord and to the church.
These questions are:
- Do you believe in one God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit; and do you confess Jesus Christ as your Saviour and Lord?
- Do you promise to join regularly with your fellow Christians in worship on the Lord’s Day?
- Do you promise to be faithful in the reading of the Bible and in prayer?
- Do you promise to give a fitting proportion of your time, talents and money for the Church’s work in the world?
- Do you promise, depending on the grace of God to confess Christ before men, to serve Him in your daily work, and to walk in His ways all the days of your life?
If you would like to find out more, please come along to the first membership class,
N.B. Those wishing to become a church member who have not been baptised, will be required to be baptised as part of the membership process.
Become a member
If you would like to become a member of Brookside, please fill in the form below.